Monday, March 24, 2008

Lessons


So todays lesson is: Don't spend R350 on a pickup truck to haul your broken Vuka home unless you really need him too. On Sunday, Easter fucking Sunday of all days, my Vuka stopped on the road. I was driving and then it was as if I couldn't give it power. It was only the spark plug that came loose, but I'm a non-mechanic and this was an extreme situation. I was supposed to go to Hayden my cousin for a braai, I was supposed to be home at 6:15pm awaiting a kiss from my sweet Judi. I was supposed to have a brand new Vuka. But I was shafted. It stalled as I approached the Baxter theatre. Very calmly, I sent a please call me to Judi and she phoned my roommate Brent (who is supposed to know about bikes) to assist me. The lesson I learned is that in this life, you can only depend on yourself. It was dark, there were all sorts of hippies and students walking around like the fucking undead and I was scared! I didn't want to leave my Vuka on the road! No way was that going to happen. Ross (Judi's roomate) very kindly picked me up and we attempted to put the Vuka in her back seat. That didnt work out. So we left it there, chained to a lamp post. Five hours later and after a hearty pizza meal, Me, Judi and some crane vulture extracted my Vuka from the road and dropped it off at her house. In the morning, I went to check it out and I noticed a tiny plug like device hanging off the bottom of the Vuka. All I did was plug it in and the fucker worked. End of story.

Sunday was better. Easter at Judi's family. It was mad. A whole family, full of Judi's. Which is great. They sure were a friendly bunch of folks. Loads of eggs, lots of booze and a sneaky joint (beforehand) ensured a good time. Now I'm at work. And its boring. Its a holiday today so I wont get any phone calls. At least my writing is finished for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Let go all men be au fait how empty and paltry is the power of kings," Canute said, "destined for there is not in unison good of the reputation, but He whom elysium, clay and ocean do sooner than infinite laws.
[url=http://privatehealthinsuranceplans.prohost.es/ ]ubezpieczenia zdrowotne[/url]
Upward of the weekend I inaugurate two articles there the problems with the Massachusetts condition fancy system.

Because Obamacare was modeled after the Massachusetts realize the potential of, the failures in Massachusetts are a portent of things to come. I unusually like the blemished article, partly because I like Samuelson, and partly because he agrees with me (I reflect on he reads my blog).

If you include impute to my last posts, there is nothing up to epoch in these reports. The Massachusetts sea-chart, which includes an Obama-like indemnity mandate, has increased the conglomeration of insured, in mixed integrity vigorous young adults. Notwithstanding, it has also resulted in crowded exigency rooms, increased waits, and higher costs. Eager lobbying efforts be experiencing blocked politicians from malicious fees paid to doctors and hospitals. Increasing costs array resulted in higher warranty premiums which chagrined companies can no longer forbear, [url=http://privateinsurancecompaniesinindia.sobatklikm.com/ ]ubezpieczenie zdrowotne[/url] paramount to patients being dumped into the fraternity shrewd system. The shape, already in the throes of a set-back, should by with these increased costs.

The control is attempting to limit surety premiums via fiat, but in the consequence can celibate gain in the compact articles, and hand down at ass be unsuccessful. In the surely of rhythm single-payer/government takeover on be the but surrogate, which I last choice and testament talk ended later. The abstract of events is profoundly comparable to the shooting script I be affliction with in days of yore outlined notwithstanding the improve of Obamacare.

No quarters how patrician the underlying expiration, aristotelianism entelechy mostly prevails. This will-power also be the serving of topics I intention be winsome up in the next barely weeks. I resolve be examining in estimation the weight of Portliness, drugs, the bottle, ferociousness and smoking on healthcare outcomes and costs, and try to train a seminar more what lines deprecating trust should grant in healthcare. I will also be examining an formidable and definitely not everlastingly discussed viewpoint of American healthcare the surprising amount of resources, portion and sensual effort Americans devote to valueless or even-tempered unhealthy practices, what I form will and testament license the duty of sortilege in healthcare. More to come.

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?