Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Heat

Its unnecessarily hot today in Cape Town. Does it need to be this warm? 31 degrees and counting now. I finished Oblivion last week, ending 6 months of continuous on and off playing. My roommate (Brent) calls it a "queer game". Faeries, Elves, goblins and Castles. It has the allure of a pleasant homosexual adventure, yet its brutal dichotomy of right and wrong negates any "queer"allusions one might attach to it. Its an open ended game with no restrictions to the length of time needed to complete and I have the compulsive need to complete my games 100% or more. The first game I ever clocked fully would be Super Mario Bros. 3. I remember playing for a week without budging or twitching, with pride and determination forcing me onwards. Remember this game? I will never forget it. I have yet to play Mario's latest outing, Super Mario Galaxy and it is killing me. I need carefree Nintendo game play. I need simple, yet deep and gaming to swallow me whole and spit me out a better man. But Jesus h. titty-twisting Christ I will not purchase a Wii just to enjoy myself with that squat fuck Mario. And when the fuck did you ever see this guy fix a fucking toilet either?

Digress:

Judi came over last night. My job pays me a fair amount of money to work at night and my social life suffers because of this. We laffed and played for hours on end and now I am tired. We did not sleep until past 12 and my aged bones need their rest. Fuck, do I have to book a hotel now?

No comments: